Table of contents
In Octopus, the use and customization of lists is a must.
Each Octopus user needs to see information reflecting his reality and needs. That's why there are many available fields for lists.
In this article we propose list dispositions and tips & tricks to help manage the various elements of Octopus.
Suspended, Pending and Cancelled - Reduce the Number of Columns
When you suspend, mark pending or cancel a request, Octopus asks for a reason and you can add a note during the action.
It is possible to add an individual column to a list to determine the:
- Reason for Cancellation
- Reason for Pending
- Reason for Suspension
The individual columns are good in a list that contains only one of the statuses.
But for a list that contains requests that are suspended, pending, or cancelled, the use of the Reason column that includes all the statuses is recommended.
We can also add information with the Reason (Note) column which shows the note entered during the action.
Allocate to an Octopus User
One or more lists can be given to one or more Octopus users with the Allocate to option from the contextual menu of a list.
- Only public lists can be allocated to another user.
- The action is invisible when a private list is selected.
- Multiple lists can be simultaneously allocated to one or more Octopus user.
- The allocated list will appear at the bottom of the category in the Favourites pane.
- If the Octopus user already has the list, it will not be allocated again.
- The Octopus user who is allocated a list can move or remove it from his list configuration.
Thank you, your message has been sent.