Table of contents
The advanced search can help find specific informations. The access to the advanced search is available from every module.
How it works
- Select the desired module.
- Click on the double arrows to the right of the screen.
- Enter the desired criteria from the different tabs.
- Click on the magnifying glass to see the results.
Operators are an important part of a search. Here is a liste of all operators that can be used.
For text type fields, for example the subject, the name, the description, the note, etc.:
For numeric type fields, for example dates, numbers, etc. :
Merged searches allow to add one or more criteria groups to search in the same module. It's like appliying a OR operator to a search.
For example, to view the SR with the New status and the SR tasks that are Not started for all groups in a list of SR / tasks that have not yet been started
- To add a set of criteria to your search, click the icon.
- Enter your search criteria.
- Click the magnifying glass, the results of the 1st and 2nd group will be displayed, as if the OR operator had been used.
- If you combine several groups of criteria in a search, the icons will change, indicating that this is a merged search.
- Navigate through the groups using the left / right green arrows.
Modify the target of the search
Several choices is available as search targets.
How it works
Open the advanced search to access the targets:
- Click on the double arrows to the advanced search.
- Select the desired target from the dropdown list.
- Add the search criteria.
- Click on the magnifying glass.
Here are a few interesting scenarios
- Search for the efforts for a particular Octopus user for a specific period
- Search for the resolution activities of a particular Octopus user for a specific period
- Search activities with properties from Incidents/SR, Events, Tasks, Problems and Changes nodes
- Search what is installed on a particular type of CI
- Search a type of CI that is associated to an incident
- Search CIs associated to a precise user
- Search rental contracts that will end during a given period
- Search the service contracts for a specific type
- Search for departments and sub-departments with no associated manager
- Search in the notifications to find out if a notification was sent for a specific incident
- Search the recent notifications sent to a specific Octopus user
- Search for the notifications where there was an error during delivery
Maximize the Possibilities
The advanced search really shows its advantages and possibilities when saved as a list. Especially if it is combined with a subscription to a list to receive a notification when there are changes.
For more information, see the List Customization Wiki page.
Thank you, your message has been sent.